Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Unfinished moments (not fully done)

You see my feelings, so easily shown
When you hug me, it's so hard to let go
A familiar touch, touches the back of my mind
People are right when they say love is so blind
My eyes are open, open to the rain
As my eyes begin to again show my pain
It's been so long since you've been around
I guess you always knew you'd find me on the ground


I haven't seen you seen you in a while
Your speech breaks the silence and I can't help but smile
It's like everytime I broke it a part
I got out my elmers and glued back your heart
Please don't turn away this time, I'm not asking for much
Just hold me like you used to; i'm craving your touch

I can't stop thinking about that one amazing guy
That one person who knew how to make me cry
A familiar voice, speaks to me gently, yet makes me melt in his arms
As if everything goes black, and I know I'm home
It's been so long since you've been around
I guess you were smart to know I'd be on the ground

I haven't seen you seen you in a while
Your speech breaks the silence and I can't help but smile
It's like everytime I broke it a part
I got out my elmers and glued back your heart
Please don't turn away this time, I'm not asking for much
Just hold me like you used to; I'm craving your touch

That million and two looks back and forth, twice returned
Reminded what I so carelessly left behind
And I'm sorry, I know forgiveness has so many chances, but
Those glances
They meant the world
I'm surprised you know how long I haven't been your girl
Three months and a day, easily thrown away
With two months , a week, and seven days
What mistakes I continue to make
But now I know what I need.
I know what you deserve
I know what you want
And I know that I need to change
Goodbye wasn't so good afterall
I may fall
But I got right back up to cover up it all

No comments:

Post a Comment